Mandela Nail stamping and I just don’t get along! I feel this art needs its own category on my blog because I need to document my progress and hopefully improvements!
My issue is that I have really small nails. It is super difficult to stamp square on the nail for consistency with the look on the other nails.
The polishes I wanted to stamp with is Moonflower Polish Periwinkle and La Perla Negra. They are the two on the left. They are beautiful! The polishes I wanted to practice stamping on:
- 1,2 and 5: Zoya Miley
- 3&4: Essie Suite Retreat
- 6: Opi Lavendurable
- 7&8: Opi Reach for the sky
- 9: China Glaze Active Color Retreat Yourself
- 10: Zoya Abby
- 11: Zoya Tina
- 12: Opi To be Continued..
What I discovered:
- Small nails are difficult to put a large design.
- Lighter stamping polish looks good on darker nails such as no. 11 above. Zoya Tina with the periwinkle would look great.
- Darker stamping polish looks better on a lighter image. I think if I would have used silver polish the result would be amazing.
The one I selected was 12: Opi To Be continued. A beautiful polish on its own.
I stamped a different image on each nail.
Needs more practice! The image did not hit the entire nail. A clear stamper may have worked to center the design better. I really LOVE mandelas so I hope I can improve the result to my liking one day.